You know what, it’s your face, do whatever makes you happy! But, if it’s been crossing your mind to think a bit more about skin care, then let’s chat.
Base level gals, where you at? This was me pre-face stuff (I’ve had to up my game since), you are my people. We say things like “I don’t have time for that sh*t”.
If you want to start somewhere, then start with the necessities:
- A cleanser – to clean your skin
- A Moisturiser (night time) and a sunscreen (day time)
But what if you want to start adding a bit more? What are the mid-level options?
Bang for your buck (time and money wise) you’d want to add a toner and a serum to your routine.
Then your routine would go like this:
- Toner – the final cleaning step and preps for your skin to drink up the next layers you add
- Seum – to target specific skin concerns and load your face up with hydration
- Moisturiser (night) and sunscreen (day)
Serum’s give you the extra boost, The Hyaluronic Acid will add some hydration and plumpness that we are all looking for. Depending on your choice of serum, there are other bonuses too reducing pigmentation or redness (vitamin C) or unclogging your pores, increase collagen production and exfoliate (Retinol). How good!
All the Levels
Lately I’ve been playing around with all the options (as you’d hope!).
I’ve settled into mixing these into my daily routines depending on what my skin is needing on the day (or what my time allows for). It's been worth it, my skin is better now than it was in my 20’s, and it’s a nice treat to take 5 minutes for myself.
If you are all about the extra, then this is your combo:
- Eye Cream – an essential treat for that skin around your eye area.
- Moisturiser – help your skin repair itself over night
- Peptide cream - the absolute bee knees when it comes to smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles!
- Face Oil - the night time cherry on the top if you are looking to lock in all of the above
As always, each product is uncomplicated for you to use, definitely never a giant instruction book required or a you tube tutorial you have to pause and rewind 1000 times. Just chuck it on your face and get on with your day. All of these products are vegan and absolutely cruelty free.
Your skincare routine is just your personal preference, you can mix and match any of these options to do what works for you. Just like anything in life, do what makes you (and your face) happy.